Sunday, September 06, 2009

confirmination

"Daddy, it was a special day for you. 'Cause you got to do your own daughter's baptism and confirmination."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've known for a long time that Sarah is a particularly smart girl. I've seen some of her spelling test words.

I don't think the family even notices anymore, but those of us in the back of the room at Sarah's baptism had big smiles on our faces after listening to this dialogue between Alan and Sarah.

Alan is giving the talk on baptism and says, "I'm going to ask Sarah a question she knows the answer to. Sarah, what's your favorite scripture?"

(From the back of the room we see Sarah squirming and start to wonder if maybe she was caught off guard by the question.)

Sarah says, "Should I recite it?"
Alan says, "If you'd like."

And Sarah recites her favorite scripture, along with the reference.

What an amazing 8 year old!

And in addition to be a smarty, she's very polite and social too. Good job Mom and Dad!