Monday, December 08, 2008
We should have named her Anne-spelled with an "e"
Sarah is so much like Anne, in Anne of Green Gables. She is dramatic, emotional, and delightful. She reads voraciously and incorporates the characters into her own life regularly. Sometimes though it gets her into a crazy crying state. Tonight at bedtime she for some reason asked Emmie who she (Emmie) liked better: her (Sarah) or Alyssa. Emmie, being brutally honest, said without any hesitation that she liked Alyssa better because Alyssa didn't pester her. Naturally this was not what Sarah wanted to hear. 2 minutes later she was sobbing about trying to not pester and working so hard at being kind and it being just so hard and being so devastated and sad that Emmie didn't love her best. I let Alan deal with her directly because sadly I am more like Marilla, I just want to tell her to be sensible and quit overdoing the drama. However I did suggest that Emmie go give Sarah loves and reassure Sarah of her love. I reminded Emmie that Sarah is doing so much better at not pestering and that of course she loves Sarah and so forth. I am left thinking this child is not like me. She is like my mother. I sometimes wonder how she ended up my daughter and not my mother's. Regardless we should have named her Anne with an "e".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
This is great. I does sound very much like Sarah, aka-Anne-with-an-"e". Now, where did I put that cherry cordial?
And I guess that would make Alan Matthew. Alan, I hope to see a healthy, white mustache by the time we get there.
That brought a little tear to my eye, thinking of Sarah being so sad. However, at the same time, I appreciate and enjoy Emmie's honesty. Just last night I was telling a guy from work who is traveling with me, that working with men is so much easier than working with women - the drama and emotion is much more in check. Perhaps you should push Emmie in the direction of a career working with men. Of course, princess qualifies.
I knew before she was born that Sarah would be a "kindred spirit!" Oh, busty sigh!
Post a Comment