After telling us that she had read Romeo and Juliet (we're sure it was a children's version) at Grandma's house Sarah said, "I felt a terrible sadness in my heart. It lasted a long time, like even until it was time for bed."
Yes, it was a picture book version, but true to the plot. After she read it, Sarah came to me and said, "this is such a sad story. It's so sad I can't bear it!" So we talked about why there are sad stories and the message this story conveys--that people who choose to be enemies may have tragedies happen that don't need to happen. I'm not sure she got it, but she sure got that it was sad.
1 comment:
Yes, it was a picture book version, but true to the plot. After she read it, Sarah came to me and said, "this is such a sad story. It's so sad I can't bear it!" So we talked about why there are sad stories and the message this story conveys--that people who choose to be enemies may have tragedies happen that don't need to happen. I'm not sure she got it, but she sure got that it was sad.
Post a Comment