Friday, May 25, 2007
gradulation
Yesterday was Sarah's kindergarten graduation or "gradulations" as Emmie called it. I never had this sort of thing and I don't feel bad about it either. It reminds me of Mr. Incredible when confronted by his wife about not wanting to go to Dash's graduation. "He is moving from the 4th grade to the 5th grade! They keep finding new ways to celebrate meritocracy!" Seriously though, it was cute. They sang a bunch of choreographed songs and there was a short slide show featuring the children. Sarah was in the front row which was great because of how expressive she is when she sings. The best part was getting to take her home afterwards and being done with school for a whole summer! I love having her home. Her report card (which is another joke) had a note from her teacher letting us know she's reading on a level "N". This isn't actually all that helpful for parents unless they've been teachers before. She's reading on late 3rd grade level. (The letters allow for the reading levels to be broken down into smaller steps within a grade level.) She started the year on a level "K" so we're happy she's progressed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The last day of kindergarten, Ms. Rasband made us all give her a hug. I remember being a little bit weirded out by that. I think she said she wasn't going to be teaching anymore. No graduation, though. Did Sarah get an all-night party at the school as well?
Post a Comment