Friday, June 10, 2005
Once upon a time...
Sarah is becoming a story-teller. She will ask if I want her to tell me a story and then she will procede thusly: "Once upon a time there was a baby. Her name was Emmie. She was a good girl. She believed in God and she believed in Jesus. If she were a food she would be spaghetti. The end." Here she is incorporating two common stories that we read to her namely, anything scripture and Julius, Baby of the World. In Julius, Baby of the World, Lily, the older sister, dislikes her baby brother for a time. One day her mother asks Lily to tell the baby a story and Lily does. "Once upon a time there was a baby. His name was Julius. Julius was really a germ. Julius was like dust under your bed. If he was a food, he would be a raisin. A raison tastes like dirt..." So Sarah changed the story for Emmie to include her favorite things. Every story is a little bit different. Today she said, "Once upon a time there was a baby. Her name was Emmie. She was a good baby. She liked both Heavenly Father and Jesus. One day an angel came down and told her to repent. She did. The end."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is probably the sweetest thing I have read in a long time.
You have ridiculously sweet kidlets.
If I borrowed even a particle of Sarah's testimony, I could move a mountain.
Post a Comment