Just now Sarah came into the office where Alan and I were. "Come on," she said to Alan, "You forgot to throw me up. Come on. Let's go to the kitchen and you throw me up 'cause you forgot." After a chuckle Alan went with her and dutifully fulfilled the "coming home routine" which involves chucking Sarah into the air several times followed by running around in circles. Sarah loves this but I wonder how long it will continue. Will she be 13 and still asking to be thrown up?
As Alan comes back down the stairs Sarah says, "Let's play hide-and-seek. Let's play "get you". Sit here. (She points to a spot on the floor then runs to the other side of the room turns around and charges Alan. Alan catches her up and tickles her, then chases her around the room. This is how to play "get you".) We are going to have to teach her not to boss us around, which by the way I've been trying to do, and to at least say please, which by the way we have also been teaching and which she sometimes remembers.
No comments:
Post a Comment